Lead Data Engineer | Azure Data Factory | Global Law Firm
My client is seeking a Data Platform Strategy Specialist to play a pivotal role in shaping the technical design strategy for data platforms, both in the cloud and on-premises. This position requires active involvement in implementing this strategy while ensuring optimal performance, scalability, and data availability. If you have a passion for data technology and the drive to lead its transformation, this role offers an exciting opportunity.
- Work with the Datacentre Transformation Project team to guide the Senior Data Platform Engineer in successfully transitioning the firm's on-premises infrastructure to the Cloud.
- Ensures that databases meet the performance, scalability, and availability requirements appropriate to the systems of which they are part.
- Mentors and develop the skills of the Senior Data Platform Engineer and others in the wider data team in the implementation of new data platform technologies and following best practices.
- Ensure that all data platforms have best practices implemented
- Identifie and make use of monitoring solutions for SQL instances and cloud-based platforms to improve performance, reduce costs, and enable proactive issue resolution.
- Ensure the presence of good-quality documentation for the firm's data platforms.
- Ensure data platforms have a robust disaster recovery solution in place and provides support for the implementation and testing of these solutions.
- Provide training and mentorship to business users, IT teams, and the Data Platform Engineer on the use of data platform technologies.
- Proficiency in SQL server and related technologies (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
- Experience with cloud platforms, particularly Microsoft Azure, and related services (Azure SQL database, Azure Data Factory, Azure Backup).
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of database design, performance optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of security and compliance principles in relation to data infrastructures.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders.