You will lead the Payroll Team, placing a focus upon developing both processes and behaviours to support the society's overall people strategy, colleague experience and payroll compliance. Responsible for the consistent delivery of all payroll activities ensuring strict compliance with all applicable tax legislation and reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations.
Bringing your excellent leadership and strong team management skills you will provide day to day management of workloads and subject matter advice to coach, inspire and lead the team to be the best they can be every day.
This is a really exciting time to join the payroll team as we transform and shape the future of payroll. The role will provide the opportunity to be involved in key business projects, working collaboratively with the business and key stakeholders, demonstrating your credibility and subject matter payroll expertise to ultimately make a difference to our people experience. You will have a continuous improvement mind set always looking for opportunities on how we can make improve our processes.
What You'll Do
* Responsibility for managing, running and executing a payroll for 3500 colleagues.
* Working in partnership with Finance, Treasury, Tax and Reward to ensure full compliance and company reporting relating to employee data, pay review, bonus and benefit choices as well as monthly oversight of salary & pension payments, HMRC accounts, GL reconciliation and pensions account.
* Managing year-end Tax activity including reporting and production of P60, P11D, P46 and Benefit Statements, ensuring compliance to deadlines.
* Performing the appropriate agreed activities required to maintain the new operating model, adhering to any specialist strategies and policies relating to this piece of work e.g. data management, process documentation, testing, transformation of agreed payroll solution for Oracle and training.
* Establish and implement policy for regular tracking, monitoring and reporting of workloads and quality of outputs to continuously improve Payroll Service elements and performance.
* Own process management to ensure best practice and legally compliant approaches that are consistently applied and understood.
* Lead, coach and improve capabilities within team - Utilising experience of payroll knowledge and skills, leadership coaching, and other relevant knowledge, seek to improve capabilities and up-skill within both Coordinator and Assistant population.
* Continue risk assessments and mitigation through analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
* Target cost and processing efficiencies - Ensure potential financial benefits are realised.
* Responsibility for and the leading on key business change projects from a payroll perspective.
How You'll Do It
* CIPP qualified or working towards is preferred.
* Experience of running and managing a medium to large size organisation payroll.
* Competent in risk reduction techniques, definition, measurement, analysis, implementation and controls.
* Understanding of payroll and HMRC legislation.
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to up-skill develop and coach your team.
* Payroll systems knowledge, preferably Oracle Cloud.
* Previous experience of delivering business change and key payroll projects preferably with experience of system implementation.
* Understanding of the wider people divisions you would regularly interact with such as pensions, reward and HR Services team.
* Experience across all payroll processes, including Pensions.
* Experience of working with third party providers, e.g. Pensions, Flexible Benefits
* Ability to manage and re-prioritise your workload in order to meet the requirements of the business.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to converse effectively.
* Ability to work well with your immediate team and related functions across the business.