PMO Lead - Nottinghamshire / Remote - 1-2 days in the office - based 5 mins off M1
Brand new role within a fast paced retail business who have gone through fantastic growth over the past 2 years and are mid way through a huge digital transformation. This is a medium sized business and therefore looking for an experienced PMO who likes to work in a team as the sole PMO supporting 2-3 people and owning all the activities from project PMO to supporting with business needs. This is a role where you would be managing everything with full autonomy, therefore a role less suited to candidates who have only worked in large corporate businesses where there are silo PMO roles. If you are looking for a PMO role where you have autonomy in your role and have a varied role which covers both project needs and orginaisation for the transformation Director this role is for you!
The role will be based in their offices 1-2 days a week or more if you prefer to be in the office, flexibility is there!
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Ensure Portfolio's/Projects are delivered against the published Governance Framework and that appropriate exceptions are escalated.
- Report and escalate any deviations from Quality process with all exceptions audited and traceable.
- Contribute to the management of tools, training, processes and project methodologies required to support the successful delivery of projects to time and budget
- Actively engage with project teams in delivery of actions, tracking and following up on outstanding actions. Critically assessing the barriers and blockers to delivery to develop strategies to overcome or define a contingency approach. Acting as point of escalation and resolution for the project teams.
- Using appropriate frameworks and personal influence, assure the day-to-day momentum of projects. Lead any relevant meetings to ensure collective understanding of, and commitment to, the day's tasks.
- Support the Programme Director in the creation, approval and management of their top initiatives through transparent reporting
- Regular review of the programme/portfolio plans with the Programme Directors, ensuring any deviations are approved by appropriate stakeholders to deliver to scope, budget, timescales and quality through change management.
- Clearly demonstrates an excellent track record of delivery in business change programmes. Is focused on solutions to business issues and transformation and can evidence using a blend of people, process and technology to deliver.
- Is capable of rapidly developing key relationships with influencers within the business.