Principal Security Engineer - Security Operations (Cloud Focus)
Location: Liverpool Street, London (3 days/week on site)
Salary: £100,000 + (Bonus and Pension contribution)
A speciality insurance client I am currently working with are looking to hire a Principal Security Engineer to take ownership of their security operations function. This role offers the chance to shape and implement a cloud-first security strategy, resolving security incidents and paving the way for potential growth into an Architect role.
- Evaluate emerging cyber security threats, developing strategies to address them.
- Support the development and operation of incident management plans and playbooks.
- Investigate security alerts, providing suitable responses.
- Plan and support security testing and remediation.
- Assist in threat and vulnerability management efforts.
- Implement protections and respond to phishing threats.
- Contribute to the change management process, focusing on security considerations.
- Support a security awareness program, collaborating with business users to drive secure behaviours.
- Strong understanding of encryption and network security.
- In-depth knowledge of endpoint and email security.
- Expertise in cloud security techniques, particularly in Azure and M365 environments.
- Familiarity with identity and access management principles and MFA deployments.
- Demonstrable competency in deploying layered security and understanding its impact on organisational risks.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a similar role.
- Experience coordinating with a managed security service provider.
- Desirable experience within the insurance industry and/or the Lloyds of London market.
- Previous experience working within a global security function is also desirable.
If you are an experienced Principal Security Engineer ready to take on the role above, please email your CV to email@example.com with the subject line "Principal Security Engineer Application".