Senior Cost Accountant:
The Senior Cost Accountant performs duties of high complexity, judgement, and scope which include analyzing accounts and reports for completeness and accuracy, preparing journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, troubleshooting problem areas, and making recommendations for improving procedures. The Senior Cost Accountant will work closely with Operations Management and be the point person on performance measures/metrics and financial information.
- Serve as partner to production teams in identifying and developing various reports and analyzing variances to drive efficiencies and information needs across the company.
- Monitoring monthly cycle count process and responsible for resolving issues and variances.
- Participate in and manage annual physical inventories.
- Design and implement cost accounting models, providing analysis of production costs with recommendations for changes.
- Maintain current labor and overhead rates derived from the budget and costing process, ensuring that costs are properly accounted for and controlled
- Implement and oversee annual costing update processes for domestic and foreign locations.
- Perform and analyze the established inventory reserve calculations monthly.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of standard cost and purchasing costs in all ERP systems.
- Ensure operations functions are processing inventory receipts and relief on a timely and accurate basis to ensure perpetual inventory is accurate at all times.
- Monitor and ensure proper security measures to protect inventory from theft.
- Assist with analysis of monthly financial variances vs. budget and prior year.
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries throughout the month.
- Prepares various internal financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for annual external audits.
- Performs timely account analysis and reconciliations.
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and makes recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Ensures proper and required documentation exists to support all journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 4+ years experience in Operations and Costing preferred.
- Experience with Infor/M3 and/or SQL a plus.
- Strong PC Skills; Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. (i.e. ability to perform pivot tables, lookups, write formulas, etc.)
- Needs to be extremely detailed oriented, superior data management skills, strong technical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.