Oliver James are currently partnered with a well established and well known start-up subsidiary of an insurance business in search of a Software Engineering Manager to be based in Zurich, Switzerland. The business drive IT digital transformation specifically within the insurance industry by providing insurance products, data & technology to deliver top-tier experiences to customers resulting in high efficiency and low fuss.
This role will sit within an internationally diverse, English speaking team of Backend, Frontend, Test Engineers and other IT professionals. If you are looking to drive innovation with the latest technologies without the red tape then keep reading!
You will be working in a dynamic and interactive environment to recruit and lead engineering teams to accomplish goals, objectives and targets set out internally.
- Build and shape engineering teams responsible for designing and implementing products across the technology platform.
- Drive innovative solution design and implementation with a focus on scalability and efficiency
- Promote engineering quality across the full Software Development Life Cycle with strong leadership capabilities
- Support department-wide implementation and best practises for successful collaboration between Development teams and the wider business
- Provide guidance, management and leadership to support engineering teams with the aim to consistent improvement and growth
- 5+ years of Software Engineering Management experience in building and leading engineering teams
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience in building customer facing platforms with any language including Java, Kotlin, Scala, C++, Python
- Experience with cloud computing platforms is desired (Amazon AWS is preferred)
- Knowledge of applying DDD to service-orientated and API architecture, best practises around designing and scaling concurrent systems
- Outgoing and ambitious team player who stays up-to-date with latest technical trends
- Higher education in Computer Science or a similar field (ideally Masters or PhD)
This is a permanent job opportunity in Zurich, Switzerland. The role pays a competitive market salary with an excellent benefits package. Please contact email@example.com for further information.