Oliver James Consulting is working with a well known insurance firm to find them a contract technical manager/ Systems administrator for their Networking and infrastructure department for a 12 month term with a view to extend
- Be responsible to manage Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Sybase and other database (such as Mongo DB atlas)
- Be responsible to configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Be responsible to monitor and ensure system health and performance
- Be responsible to ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Be responsible to resolve issues and provide suggestions for solution
- Provide 24x7 support for critical issues
- Be responsible to perform schedule maintenance and support release deployment activities
- Be responsible for the technical support and maintenance of on Premise Infrastructure (Server, Storage. Database, Network) and Cloud Computing environment, manage the assign team and external vendors to maintain the infrastructure as a high level of availability
- Be responsible to refresh and enhance cloud computing environments to the latest version and technologies to give a stable and cost-optimal environment for business applications and services.
- Be responsible to provision resources, select an appropriate deployment model, direct testing protocol to validate infrastructure in particular, and monitor performance after release. Tasks might include, results analysis, problem troubleshooting and issue communication back to the projects team.
- Implement and maintain automation and maintenance in the various environments, systems and services.
- Provide incident support and on-call service for the system and services, Develop/Identify, implement and maintain system management tools that mitigate manual effort
- Implement automated management features, such as performance monitoring, diagnostics and failover and availability capabilities.
- Participate in the review of the infrastructure related changes, assess risks for all changes while maintaining high availability within the environment.
- Work with other IT staff and external vendors in assigned project activities.
- Participate in the develop and review the design of the cloud-based IT solutions with focus on infrastructure and integration
If you are interested please apply now to be considered.