To drive end-to-end delivery of strategic program(s) on time, within budget and at a high quality level. This role is responsible defining, tracking and communicating in a consistent and effective manner and incorporating effective change and risk management controls at program level.
Main focus of this role under the prevailing corporate priorities is accountability for the following:
- Lead and direct a team of Project Managers/ Coordinators associated with the program and ensure that they are delivered successfully.
- Ensure the business strategic/ program goals are met by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at project level or by directing project manager to mitigate risk or resolve issue that have program impacts.
- Identify and manage project dependencies within a program as part of risk management from scope, time-line, budget and resource aspects.
- Manage business relationship by understanding the business drivers, negotiating changes to project scope, timing or resources to ensure that strategic solutions are delivered
- Develop and manage communication plan to represent clearly and consistently all project updates, status, change impacts and metrics to all levels of program stakeholders
- Seek to optimise return on investment from the program and deliver long term improvements to an organisation
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organisation
- Work with Project Manager to identify the appropriate project resources needed, assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, and developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of a program.
- Direct and provide constant communication with program team to manage expectations and provide constructive feedback to avoid surprises
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget by monitoring and approving all budgeted program expenditures
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Conduct post implementation review for future improvement.
Cultivate and support an ethical culture to fulfil legal and compliance requirements, and encourage professionalism amongst stakeholders. Coach team members to increase team performance and productivity levels. Enhance competency of team members and continually develop both succession plans and development plans for all members of the team.
- Bachelor/Master degree from a recognised University preferably in Insurance Studies, Banking, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration/Strategy
- Certified Prince2, Project Management Professional (PMP), SAFe Program Consultant, or Program Management Professional (PgMP) is required.
- Working experience in life or general insurance, technology, financial institution, or business consulting industry with 5 years and above of leading project/program management profile (in combination of at least 3 years in program management).
- Good understanding of insurance business and management principles
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage team members
- Ability to work independently in a matrix organisation chart and as a good team player