VP of Data Science with 10+ years of commercial lines actuarial technical pricing, modeling, and data science expertise. The ideal candidate will have a BS Degree or higher in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, or a related field and be a credentialed actuary with FCAS preferred.
We are seeking a leader to develop top-tier actuarial rating plans for all our commercial product lines and divisions. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with our North America Actuarial commercial lines pricing teams and Global Data Analytics team to provide technical and thought leadership in delivering end-to-end commercial rating solutions.
- The VP of Data Science will lead the delivery of commercial lines rating projects across lines of business, provide technical leadership to analytics direct reports, and closely partner with pricing actuaries on broader rating plan updates.
- They will instill an appropriate combination of analytical expertise and subject matter expertise in refining rating plan structure and lead and direct rating plan reviews across the product portfolio.
- Implement actuarial rating plan standards, best practices, and guidelines and develop appropriate governance of these standards.
- They will work with actuarial line of business communities of practice to develop rating plan improvement strategies, including standard tools and platforms and coordinate all rating externalization efforts, providing rating as a service to underwriting platforms.
- The ideal candidate will instill a continuous improvement culture for software and operational models for rating implementation and coordinate with IT on budget, requirements, and project prioritization.