Oliver James is looking for a GDPR Compliance Officer to join within a globally renowned organization. As Compliance Officer, you will play a central role in safeguarding the integrity of our company and its stakeholders, ensuring strict compliance with regulations and standards in place for Belgium, Netherlands, as well as Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Are you specialised in GDPR or Data Protection? Are you ambitious and feel that it's time for your career to take a turn towards success? So, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
About the company
"Our mission is to empower individuals to achieve financial security both today and in the future. As a prominent force in the European credit management sector, we understand that life can throw unexpected challenges at people, and we firmly believe that behind every outstanding debt lies a human story. We are dedicated to assisting individuals facing financial difficulties while ensuring that our partner companies receive the payments they are owed."
About your future the Team
In the role of Compliance Officer for the BE/NL region, you will be a fundamental member of the Legal & Compliance team within Region West and report to the Legal & Compliance Manager for Region West. Region West oversees operations in Belgium and the Netherlands, as well as Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (DACH). While based in our Ghent office, your primary focus will be to support operations in Belgium and the Netherlands. Moreover, you will collaborate closely with various support functions, the Compliance Officer for the DACH region, and the Legal Counsel situated in Ghent.
- Risk Management: Reporting and monitoring of incidents and local coaching of risk owners
- Data Protection (GDPR): Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations through training, coaching, and taking responsibility for incident and breach follow-up
- Compliance: Conducting local (operational) compliance audits, creating local assessments (in collaboration with the Legal Counsel), monitoring compliance with new developments or changes, collaborating with operational departments in execution, handling complaints, and establishing an annual compliance plan
- You are the first-line contact for all compliance matters for senior directors in Operations, Sales, and other supporting functions
- A legal education (at least a bachelor's degree) or a successfully completed vocational training with solid legal knowledge
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably as legal GDPR advisor or data protection specialised
- Strong command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written, as well as excellent communication skills at all levels
- An independent and pragmatic work style, strong analytical skills, and an enjoyment of interdisciplinary collaboration and flexibility
- Willingness to travel
What's in it for you?
- A company where you will be constantly evolving
- Permanent employment with flexible working hours and the possibility of remote work by agreement
- Well-structured onboarding and ongoing coaching and training
- A highly motivated and engaged team
- International work environment
- Central location with good public transportation connections
- Modern and well-equipped offices
- Meal vouchers (€8/day worked)and Eco vouchers
- Health insurance (free membership for you and your family)
- Group insurance with income guarantee in case of disability
- Year-end bonus
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Opportunity to lease a company bike under favorable conditions
- By public transport: There is a free shuttle bus from the station to the office.
- By bike: Ample bike parking and shower facilities available
- By car: Parking beneath the office and located at the entrance and exit of the highway with easy access to E40, E17, and R4.