Junior Data Developer - West Yorkshire
2 days in the office / 3 days from home - or flexible if people would like to work in the office more than 2 days. Based 5 minutes off the M1 at j39.
New role within an established Data team of approx 20 Developers. After successfully progressing 3 Junior Developers in the team who joined last year, they are now hiring again at Graduate / Junior Developer level to progress these individuals through the team. The business is a successful Customer Communications provider, therefore the role will involve managing Customer Data.
The offices are based near the M62 / M1 South Leeds area. You must be able to drive to reach the offices. They offer s share of office and home based flexible working.
The role will involved a number of varied tasks which will train you to become a rounded Developer with good understanding of Data. The role will involve:
- Download Data from multiple sources
- Upload data/reports/documents as required
- Adhere to security policies with regards to data work
- Working with data in various formats undertake data validation using pre-defined processes
- Check that the data work is accurate
- Create and manage Fonts and Graphics.
- Create text blocks
- Creating documents from pre-prepared layouts.
Assisting the Developers
- Build SmartEdit assets
- Run test data through pre-prepared processes
- Create PDF's for customer proofs
- Uploading PDF's to the customer
- Adhering to security procedures for customer data
- Proof checking as and when required
Skills and attributes you will hold will include:
- Possesses an eye for fine detail
- Portrays a high level of enthusiasm
- Projects a positive attitude
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to personal development
- Flexible and reliable in approach to work
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Resilient with the ability to work under pressure
- Proactive and results focused
- Ability to work accurately and to deadlines
- A willingness to learn and adapt
Desirable Technical Skills
- A sound working knowledge of windows-based applications
- Scripting experience
- Experience of workflow systems