A hands-on leader responsible for the timeliness and quality of financial and regulatory reporting deliverable. Responsible for the timely delivery of financial, management and regulatory reports to internal and external stakeholders, including MAS and ACRA.
Up to date & Changes:
- Keep up to date with IFRS, MAS and local GAAP reporting rules, regulations and changes
- Identify and support resulting change of financial reporting systems, processes, and reports to remain in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Co-ordinate the monthly, quarterly, and annual closings of financial with Technical Accounting and Finance Operations
- Review closing journals and entries and confirm, advising with reference to expectations, budget, and re-forecasts
- Close the financial accounts, undertaking review of management and statutory views to confirm expectations and accuracy.
- Produce Management view financial for internal reporting and onward update to FP&A and transmission to shareholder
- Provide results analysis against budget and re-forecast for use in internal performance meetings and reports.
- Maintain balance sheet and profit loss account in MAS format and GAAP in parallel with Management view
- Ensure proper and reconciled audit trail available to compare Management and MAS views on monthly basis
- Maintain quarterly and rolling annual forecasts of CAR under RBC2
- Prepare, review, and confirm monthly, quarterly, and annual MAS returns and reports
- Act as first point of call for MAS queries on MAS returns
- Assist in analysing month-on-month variances of the financial statements.
Balance sheet maintenance:
- Implement and maintain monthly cycle of balance sheet review and confirmation to validate and maintain accurate financial position statement. Based on risks - technical balances quarterly, operational balances bi-annually and low movement balances annually.
Sign-offs and Reserve Valuations:
- With Technical Accounting support sign-off and certify balance sheets and P&Ls to Group quarterly and annually
- Support Technical Accounting on information and financial information to conduct quarterly and annual valuations with Group actuarial and the external Reporting Actuary.
Audits & Annual Report (ACRA):
- Primary manager to support audit activities with Assist in managing the internal and external audits
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements and liaise with the Auditor for the finalisation of them withing audit timetable
- Manage chart of accounts and analysis codes (A & L codes) in SUNAccounts
- Support the maintenance the SUN accounting system i.e. SUN administrator
- Provides training to new users for the SUN system.
- Strong knowledge of Singapore insurance GAAP and MAS Reporting Regulations and methodologies
- Reasonable understanding of insurance IFRS relevant to insurance
- Good understanding of industry best practices
- SunAccount advanced user / administrator
- 5 or more years of working experience within the insurance industry (not within professional accounting / advisory firm) in Singapore